Havelock Primary School admissions
Admissions for children from Reception – year 6 are managed by Ealing local authority.
They publish a comprehensive guide to making applications which you can access by clicking here.
You can apply online at www.eadmissions.org.uk
If you would like to visit the school before you make your application please contact the school office on 0208 571 7204.
We have a 100 place nursery which manages 50 pupils each session. We offer 15 hours free Early Years education for all 3 and 4 year olds for 38 weeks a year during term time.
The sessions are as follows
- Morning sessions: 8.30am -11.30am
- Afternoon sessions: 12.30pm – 3.30pm
Please note that admission to our nursery class does not guarantee admission to our reception class. You will need to apply to Ealing for this. See above.
30 hours free Early Years education
Ealing is supporting the development of a new government scheme that will offer additional childcare support for 3 and 4 year olds who meet specific criteria based on family income and working parents. This is due to start in September 2017.
Admissions criteria for nursery
- Looked after children or children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to adoption, child arrangements order, or special guardianship order.
- Children with a brother or sister who will be attending the main school (not the nursery class) at the time of admission
- Brother and sister refers to all blood, half, foster, step and adoptive brothers and sisters (not cousins) who live at the same home and in the same family unit as the child on a permanent basis or for the majority of the time in any calendar year. A sibling relationship does not apply when the older child(ren) will leave before the younger one starts.
- The distance from home is measured by straight-line, from a point in the property to a point in the school determined by the grid references for the centre of the school’s postcode.
- If two or more children have equal priority under the criteria, the criterion of distance will then be applied. In the event that the distances are equal the Local Authority will draw lots to determine which applicant should be offered the place.
Vacancies are filled from the waiting list using the admissions criteria.
If you want to register your child for a nursery place at Havelock you need to complete a waiting list form when your child is 2 years old. This is available from the school office and a copy is available here. No further documents are required at this point.
When you child turns 2 years and 11 months we will send you a letter offering your child a nursery place. This will depend on if places are available.
Once you have accepted the offer to our nursery you will be invited to the school to complete a nursery application form and will be asked to bring in the following documents.
- Child’s passport or birth certificate
- Two passport size photographs